Thursday, June 16, 2005

Bark Bark

"Bark, bark, bark." "What the hell is that sound?" I asked wearily at 1:30am this morning. Turns out it was my son with a raging cough from croup. Poor kid couldn't understand why it wouldn't stop. Luckily, I took him outside into the every so humid Texas air and that seemed to lessen it's effects a bit.
He seems fine this morning, other than the lingering cough. Luckily, he's pretty good about getting sick on my days off, which is nice since I don't have to call into work for the day. Yes, I know he doesn't plan it, but it usually works out this way.
Plus, an added "benefit" to this cold, he's lost his voice. He normally chatters on continously, all day long, like the birds twittering outside. Now his chattering just sounds like a bird that is twittering 2 miles away, rather than right in your ear. I'm such a mean mom. :)

UPDATE: His voice is back to normal and is chattering away like a squirrel defending his horde of nuts.

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

LOL! I'm with you! You know Hubby didn't know "croup" even existed until we had children! He thought I was just making it up! Nothing like a seal cough to prove a mom right! And the talking? When AJ left...DJ was in my ear for a WEEK!
You need a second kid so your kid will yammer at them instead!