Friday, May 05, 2006

spring fever

It's finally May, school is almost out (last day May 24), and I have a "I don't give a ---- attitude" towards anything related to my son's school.
This year was the first year where I held a board position for the PTO. Today I received feedback that would have been helpful back in August, but is useless for me now. There has also developed "cattiness" towards the end, which I'm not comfortable with - I am a "settle your problem face-to-face" kind of gal. The migraines this has caused I am not willing to endure anymore. It has been more work than I thought it would be, and not something I am anxious to repeat. So, in two short weeks I get to hand off all the headaches to someone else. Yea!!
I love volunteering, but I don't want the responsibility anymore. So I will be uber-volunteer, but no more.

2 comments:

kilgorsky said...

Volunteering to help in high school is already quite a challenge. I can't imagine how you have managed to deal with all the elementary school problems...

Envoy-ette said...

I think working with elementary kids is one of the hardest jobs around. Parents are still soooo protective over their little ones. I haven't volunteered in a LONG time....and have a PEACE about it.