Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

Many years ago when we lived closer to family, my folks came out to visit us on President's day. My dear son, who had to be about 4 at the time, happily greeted my parents, and said to them that it was President's day, weren't they excited. My mother was amazed that my son had any concept of this holiday, and was in awe that he actually was excited about it. He reached behind his back and gave my father a gift and then my mother a gift. He then asked if they had anything for him. They were confused (rightly so I might add), asked him why and he said again "It's Present's day".
You never know what little ears might hear or think they hear...

3 comments:

Susan Higgins said...

What a cute story! This is my first time to your blog... I'll be back.

Unknown said...

I hope they ran out and bought him a present.

dawn said...

Wally, they gave him $1, which he was happy to get. He's got his grandparents wrapped around his finger!