Friday, May 06, 2011

Shark attack

I was attacked by a shark today! OK, it wasn't a real shark, it was my Shark steam floor cleaner. I was happily cleaning my floor when I noticed that the steam had stopped coming out of the cleaning pad. After "pumping" the mop a few times, I decided to take the bottom attachment off to see if steam was even flowing. As soon as I depressed the button to release it, there was an explosive force from it coming off. Seems the steam had been flowing all along, but there was a blockage at its release point. Luckily, I did not have mop head pointed at my own head, since the force was like rocket propulsion.
With this being said, it might be my fault that this happened. You see, in the instructions for this mop, it does say to use distilled water only. Obviously, they know something about mineral build-up from evaporation of tap water. I ignored that recommendation and paid the consequences. I'm now trying to salvage my shark by soaking it in vinegar to dissolve the build-up.

2 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

Holy cow Dawn...that was a close call! Okay, guess I'll be using distilled water in mine!
PS- I wanna see your hippo!

LearningByReading said...

Same thing happened to my cousin where she was unaware of the pressure buildup!