Friday, March 02, 2012

In like a lion our like a lamb

This March has started out very wild, as far as weather goes. Back East, my family is shoveling out from under a foot of snow - more than they had all season. Deadly tornadoes have hit early this season in Missouri and Illinois, with more predicted for central U.S. Here in Texas, we're facing 80+ degree weather (average is 62).
Weather this strange this early in the season makes me worry about the rest of the year. We've just started to climb out of the driest year on record here in TX, our ranchers and farmers can not handle another year like that. Beef prices are already on the rise, I can't imagine what food costs would be like with another drought.
Is anyone else worried about this weather?

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

Yes, you know me, I worry about everything. Of course the rising gasoline prices will also hit groceries. I'm growing my biggest garden yet to offset the prices.