Friday, September 10, 2004

What I want to be when I grow up

After looking through some boxes from my recent move, some of which have gone through 6 moves without being unpacked, I came across a third grade "yearbook".
Two things struck me about it:
1. How in the world has it survived literally crisscrossing the world without any damage?
2. How many people actually grow up to be what they to be?

You see, there was a list of students and their future occupation choices. Mine was to grow-up to be a veternarian in New York. Well, at least I lived in NY for awhile, thereby half reaching that goal.

Honestly, my dream job, as it has been since the 4th grade, is archaeology. Unfortunately, I can't find someone willing to pay me to do this. In fact, there was a time where I worked without pay in the hopes that funding would come through. It didn't and I was moving to Italy, so it was a good time for a career change anyway.

That career change was to the USPS, and not one I would recommend to anyone. I truly understand the phrase "going postal" and many days was on the verge of doing so myself.
More later on this.

No comments: