Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Driving

My neighbor's son just got his license and is on the road (most of the time, sometimes the sidewalks aren't too safe). When I learned to drive, it was much easier than it is now. Growing up in RI, I never had to worry about getting lost. The state can be traveled in one hour, from north to south. I just drove to the border of the state, usually MA, turned around and could find my way home. In fact, there was a specific gas station I would hit and know that home was only 40 minutes away. They also had pretty cheap gas, so I could fill up before I headed home.

Now, I'm in TX. I could drive for a day and not reach the border. I pity the children around here.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ahhh yes, I know how you feel. I was two hours to Boston, two hours to New York. Now I'm two hours to...I don't know really. Nothing I guess.

Envoy-ette said...

Yes..and finding those landmarks are hard too!