Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Phone call from school

I came home from work today and saw that the answering machine light was blinking. The first message I hear..."Hello J's mom, this is the ----, Vice-principal at the elementary school and I have J here in the office with me....
The thoughts "What? He took his medication today...what did he do?" quickly rush through my head. This is not the way I want to end my day....

"..This is a good phone call ...we are calling you to let you know that J acted in an exemplary manner today, he went out of his way to help a fellow student with a broken arm....." and it goes on in some detail with a description of how helpful he had been.

A good phone call home? How odd...but a nice surprise. We all try our best to raise our children to be kind considerate beings, but honestly, how often do we see the results? To hear it from another person, someone not related to you (because we all know family can be biased) always manages to brighten my day. It's proof I am raising him right! :)

3 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

You are right, it's a big worry wondering if we are raising our children right. How wonderful that not only did you do a good job, but someone in authority let you know!

Anonymous said...

You have an old fashioned answering machine with tape and a blinking light? wow - i remember those

dawn said...

Actually, it is part of the phone, i just have called it that all my life.