Monday, January 10, 2011

So this is what my blog looks like...

Hi everyone, if anyone is still there. Yes, it has been very long since I blogged. I allowed my life to take over my enjoyment in writing, and I had stopped making time for it. This has changed, as with the new year I have made many changes.
My job of 6 years is no more, I turned in my keys at the end of December. I realize this may seem counter-intuitive when you consider the state of our economy, but it was a necessity for my sanity. I knew it was the right choice when I told my boss I was leaving - instead of asking me to stay, she simply asked me to please put it in writing. This is a job where I have received numerous awards of recognition for my work, so it was a bit disheartening to not be at least asked to reconsider my decision.
I do have another job, one that is weekends only. It is mindless, but at least I know that going into it. Yes, I may not enjoy the time away from the family; however, I do need to fund my new endeavors, one of which is going back to school. I am heading back to become a physical therapist, with the 1st step being me getting my physical therapist assistant certification. I may be making a change, but I do have an eye on our bank account and know that I need to get back full-time into the workforce sooner than later.
In the meantime, I am greatly enjoying my time off. I love the freedom during the day, the peace and quiet of the house. I am jumping through hoops trying to get my plan in place (20 year old transcripts don't always transfer easily), but I am OK with that. Life is good.

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

Welcome Back Dawn! You were gone a long time...
Well, looks like you have a plan and it will bring much reward. (and you won't go insane) I wish you the best of luck and that everything goes exactly as you wish!