Thursday, July 14, 2011

Guess who I met?



The other night while I was studying for finals with a group from my class, one of the girls came back from getting a snack, saying she had just seen someone that looked just like Santa. She wanted to take a picture of him to show to her daughter, but was reluctant to ask him for it as he looked "grumpy". I said I would do it (with age comes the knowledge that the worse that can happen is that people say "no").
I went next door and sure enough, there was a gentle man wearing suspenders over a red shirt, with a full white beard. He was reading a paper, so I simply said "excuse me, I hate to bother you, but you look just like Santa. A friend of mine would like a picture of you to show to her daughter, do you mind if I take your picture?"
He was happy to pose for a picture and if you look closely, you can see his license.

Yes, that says "Kristopher Kringle". He has credit cards in his name as well. He insisted that I take a picture with him, although I did demure. He was persistent. So....

I went to back to my friends and told them what happened. Heather, the one who wanted the picture for her daughter, screamed "I knew it, I knew it!" It was quite funny. She went back over to him and did get her own picture to share with her daughter.
I don't care how old you are, it's always exciting to meet Santa!

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

OMG!!! For the first time EVER, we get to see you Oldbones!! What a beautiful smile you have & such gorgeous thick hair!!!!

Good thing Mrs. Santa wasn't there getting jealous!!