Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm going to walk 40miles in 2days

I think I'm crazy. I've signed up to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Houston on April 20-21, 2012. This walk is 26.2 miles the first day and 13.1 miles the second day. When you count the walking from the hotel/tents to the starting line and back it'll be closer to 40 miles.

Why did I do this? It is something I have always wanted to do, but did not feel that I had enough time to commit to it. This semester my classes are online, so I have control over my schedule. Plus, Josh was going to walk it with me, since it would complete some of the requirements for his hiking merit badge (it would knock out one of the 10 mile hikes and the 20 mile hike). Unfortunately, he is not old enough to participate (have to be 16). He may come along as an "unofficial" walker. If nothing else, he said he would train with me, although I am on day 4 of training and he has only participated in one day of the training and that was the first day.

Part of the requirements is to raise $1800 dollars, which is a lot of money. I've spammed all my email contacts (sorry Envoyette :p)and now am looking for other ideas. I'm asking friends, family, even strangers to post my link on their web page or facebook page. You never know who might donate.
http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk/Houston?px=6327342&pg=personal&fr_id=2140
Feel free to share my link.

No comments: