Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Deadlines

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit - we've got the creeping crud at my house, plus deadlines and kick-offs for a variety of activities that I chair, one being Scout Fair.

Every year scouts across the country host Scout Fair, a a full day of activities that are planned and hosted by local scout troops. Here in Houston, we have the largest Scout fair in the country. My duties are pack level - I'm responsible for ticket and ad sales for 90+ sized organization. It's the first time I've done it and I'm excited about it. Our troop gets up to 40% on all the tickets we sell which we use towards a great camping weekend in April at our local scout camp site. The more money we raise, the less it costs; so I am motivated.
Of course, there are always those who grumble when presented with new ways of doing things, and I've already encountered that one week into this project. I've chosen a different method for our troops to sell their tickets (outside grocery stores rather than having them go door-to-door) and folks are complaining about times, dates, etc. Personally, I prefer to bother complete strangers for money rather than hit up my friends and relatives yet again for another fundraiser.
They don't have to participate; I'm doing everyone a favor by planning and contacting the appropriate folks for permission to tell the tickets and no one else stepped up to take responsibility for this committee. Nevertheless, I will not let them get me down - I'll roll with whatever comes my way. Oh, and if any one wants a Scout Fair ticket, let me know: $10 apiece gets you entry into Scout Fair on April 28, a raffle entry to win a Chevy HHR, and over $250 worth of coupons from Kroger, Luby's, Jiffy Lube, Sonic, Papa John's. James Coney Island, Pilgrim cleaners, etc.

1 comment:

? said...

Busy, busy, busy .. and all that written before 8am too. Shesh.