Thursday, February 15, 2007

Things to do on my day off

Due to inventory being held at work tomorrow, I get to have today off! So I'm going to sit back, relax, and read a good book...ha, ha, ha. Really, that is a lovely thought, but not possible for me. Instead I've got a 10 am dentist appointment that will probably turn into a root canal, a couple thousand boxtops to cut, count, and package, a doctor's appointment for J, grocery shopping, banking and some cleaning. Plus I have to start researching my eye surgery and plan our summer vacation. Sigh.

The weather her is cold - freezing temperatures which is very odd for southeast Texas. I love to watch how folks dress for the cold down here. They were only a sweatshirt and complain about the cold. I have to laugh - if they wore a heavy sweater, they would be fine. However, most are in denial about the cold; they believe if they don't dress for the weather than it will go away. Which is true, it will go away in about a week, but for now there are some miserable folks out there.

2 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

It's cold here too. I think you need more days off...you have a lot to do!

kilgorsky said...

I should be super cold down here in Poland but today feels like spring. Zero snow on the horizon.