Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful, part 2

Day 12 - I'm thankful for the volunteers who give of their time to make my son's boy scout troop a success. Watching them tonight made my heart swell.

Day 13 - I'm thankful that the truck battery died at home and not on the camping trip this weekend.

Day 14 - While I'm thinking of vehicles, I'm thankful I have a reliable means of transportation that is completely paid for.

Day 15 - For my classmates, who are quickly becoming my second family. They are generally supportive and kind

Day 16 - For my sister's accomplishment of earning her doctorate. She worked so hard for it, I am thankful that she completed the program, as I know there were many a day that she contemplated her sanity in finishing.

Day 17 - After waking up too early, the joy of being able to go back to bed because I have nothing planned for the morning.

Day 18 - The hugs my son is freely giving me after a weekend away. They are like precious gems, sought after but not often found. I treasure each one of them.

Day 19 - That my son wants share our heritage with his classmates through the classic Italian way - food.

Day 20 - The relative easiness of my last tests before my mini-vacation. It was with a light heart that I skipped out of my classroom this morning.

Day 21 - I'm thankful for the small break from studying I have over the holiday.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving - take a moment to appreciate all that you have.

No comments: