Monday, January 02, 2006

Back from vacation

Hello, I'm back after a long vacation. Yes, as the old joke goes, I need a vacation from my vacation. Luckily I am off today before going back to work tomorrow.
Where to start telling you about my holiday? Hmm, this is a tough one, there was so much going on.
The morning we packed up to leave, my son couldn't understand why he wasn't allowed to wear his normal clothes. "But mom, it is short sleeve weather!" "Yes dear, it is here, but where we are going it is long sleeve and coat weather." After two long but uneventful flights, we arrived in New England to snow on the ground - yay! After getting the luggage and rental car we were off to my in-laws house. There, we were created with hugs and kisses and food, lots and lots of food, which was to be a theme throughout the holiday. My step-mom-in-law is a party person, who seems to know everyone in the state of RI, which although it is a small state it is not possible to do, and needs to invite them all over for at least one meal. Either that or she is going to their funeral - no word of a lie, she went to four funerals while we were there, and her relationship to the individual was convoluted to say the least.
We were up to midnight, including my 7 year old, and continued that theme of late nights for the rest of the holiday.

1 comment:

Envoy-ette said...

Wow...you had a great holiday! Happy New Year!