Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Take me out to the ball game

The penant series is heating up and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. As a native Rhode Islander, I grew up watching the Red Sox. Even though they continously failed, I still believed that they would go to the World Series and blow it in the 7th. The curse of the Bambino is alive- ask Bill Buckner; that is, if you can find him. I think he went into witness protection after his famous world series blunder.

I have been watching their series against the NY Yankees through my fingers (my eyes have been covered the entire time). The Sox play the same, tired or rested, but the Yanks need their sleep and they haven't been able to get it.

Now the rock - I live in Texas now and the Astros are about to go to their first World Series. I would like this team to win too. The fans around here are so energetic. They have "Go Astros" days in school. I know that NY doesn't, nor does MA; at least not whileI lived there during playoff times.

So who do I support? Well, I figure if either one makes it to the World Series, I'll route for them. If both go, I think I'll just have to turn the tube off and get a book from the library.

No comments: