Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bing bang boom

Today was not a good day for me. I was at work, gathering boxes to put into our recyling bin, when "WHAM" a 15 foot medal ladder hits me in the head. Whomever put it back last did not put it back properly. So, with my movement in the general area, the little bit of vibrations I caused in the floor disturbed it enough to cause it to topple over on top of me.

It was behind me, so it was completely unexpected. Do you remember those Tom & Jerry cartoons were Jerry would hit Tom over the head with a wooden mallet? Stars and little birdies would circle his head? That is exactly how I felt. For the next two hours every time I went to walk a straight line, I wobbled a bit to either side. If it was a sobriety test, I would not have passed.

No I didn't go to the emergency room. I stuck an ice pack on it and took some Tylenol. My boss (well temp. boss - the other one is on leave) wanted me to go as did my district manager who was around today. Yes, I did do the paperwork for workman's compensation in case it gets worse, but I hoping it doesn't.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That should be good for a couple of days off.

Envoy-ette said...

Ouch! Please post in a few days so we know you didn't end up in the hospital with a concusion!

kilgorsky said...

Hope you're fine. Maybe it would be a good idea to see your doctor and get checked.