Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Brrr

Here in Texas, we get about 3 weeks of cold weather for the entire year. This happens to be one of them. Now I know that anyone who lives in the Midwest or anywhere north will scoff at this, but we've been cold enough to get frost on the ground. Brrr. Do you realize this means I actually have to dig a coat out from the back of my closest? It's like going into the wardrobe from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - it keeps going and going with no sight of the jacket I'm looking for. Plus, I have to run at 4:30 am in this weather. It is tough to dress appropriately for a run where you see your breathe when you begin the run but are soaked in sweat at the end of it.
I know you all have sympathy for me now, especially after the week the midwest has had. So, once you get in from shoveling snow for the umpteenth time this season, do think of poor little ol' me getting a chill here in Texas.

No comments: